Thursday, October 20, 2011

Missed family support group today...BUMMER

Another reason why I don't do a lot to make this blog public is so I can somewhat write about my group and therapy and the people around me who piss me off...and I am not announcing anyone's business!

Sometimes though I wish I could make this public and include my fellow vets. Not that I have anything of value to offer them...but I know other's can offer good advice and tell me where I am fucking up. It's the opinions and lessons learned of the other vets, especially the Vietnam vets I've grown close to in group, those opinions that I have learned to really listen to. The Doc is awesome, but my fellow vets really put a point on a lot of things and basically drive home the things the Doc says in session and in group.

Today was family support group. Today I was actually going to "shanghai" my wife a little bit. The format of the group has changed from being vets with spouses to vets and spouses. Family group has changed to where the vets go with one therapist to a different room and the spouses (all women in this group) meet with the Doc. My wife doesn't know that this is a set-in-stone change, and due to the recent (over a year) issues of us trying to work things out (or at least me trying to be better while putting up with her fucked up temper), I think it would be good for her to be in that room and see what the other wives have to say. Granted, they are all at least 20 years older then her...but that to me sounds like experience. I also think that the Doc might actually lead some of the coversation towards a generalization of the major issue I have been having with my wife...at least she's done it to me in therapy about other things.

I doesn't matter now though. The wife was sick and the kids were home early and the job needed me there later than I needed to leave to make group. I am sad I missed it though. I miss those guys and hanging out with them...sharing shit and going through stuff. I have only been to a couple of groups since July and our quarterly outing was cancelled due to an emergency.

But...I am feeling OK today! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment