Friday, June 17, 2011

Survived the Anniversary of the first one

So, I survived the anniversary of that horrible day. Strangely enough, I spent more of the day just being sad...missing those whom I won't see again in this life. My alertness level was uber-high, as in through the roof. But other than that and being very sad, I think it was ok. I was more worried about being haunted by guilt than by guilt itself, which was very nice considering the alternatives.
Someone made the point that I should remember them, honor them, in the right way. The right way could mean so many things, and yet they all seem to point to the fact their honor should never be tarnished by anything or anyone and that I not allow myself to use their deaths as excuses to get drunk or stupid or miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment