Monday, June 6, 2011

Journaling, Blogging, and Anonymity

So...I started journaling months ago at the Doc's request (order?). I like it, to be completely honest. It has allowed me to just let things flow in a why...to be able to write what I want. Actually what happens most of the time is that I get in the almost fugue state and "just write." I never seem to recall what I have written, and I have almost never gone back over it...much like this blog. There is a difference between the journal and blog though. The Doc would read the journal entries out loud and provide feedback or positive criticism whereas, with the exception of one person, I don't think anyone has ever read this blog.

Pros and Cons of the journal and the blog:
Pros for Journal: feedback, a little slower writing than typing (a little more control over what I write).
Pros for Blog: anonymity, and no one reads this.
Cons for Journal: physical record of what I have written and easily more traceable to me than my blog, sometimes the fact that I write some borderline shit and forget so there have been some embarrasing times with the Doc reading things.
Cons for Blog: No feedback since no one reads it. It's on the web.

So here's my thinking: If I don't journal, then the Doc doesn't read it: no feedback, but no worries. If I do journal, do I mirror the journal in the blog, just save the blog for some of the more personal or fearful entries. Also, I am conflicted about the blog and the "safety" of some of the information (and it's attribution) on here. Maybe blogging my PTSD shit is a bad idea? Dangerous? Then there's the fact that I really do appreciate the honest feedback from the Doc, so although I am glad that no one reads this, sometimes I actually regret that no one reads it or posts any comments, even anonymously. I will say that I got the impression in a discussion the other day that someone I know does actually read this, they just don't admit it...strange impression and probably just me being a fucking mindreader again!

So do I continue to blog or go back to journal, or some combination thereof??? That is one of the questions plaguing me tonight.

I will say I am going to bed in just a few minutes....getting to bed before midnight for the first time in 3-4 weeks(?) is a must. The fatigue is REALLY wearing on me and I am just plain fucking tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment